I had to double up this recipe because I had guests over. Since I had such big quantities I had to put mine in two separate skillets then mix together at the end. I will be giving you the downgraded recipe for everyone convenience!
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lbs extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup onions, diced
- ½ cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cup sweet potato, diced
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (Optional) I didn’t use since I am Dairy Free
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat
- Add ground turkey and garlic, cook through stirring occasionally for about ten minutes
- Add onions, yellow pepper cook until onions are slightly golden brown.
- Add in the sweet potato, salt and pepper, cover and cook until sweet potatoes are tender, you can add a little more olive oil or water to help the process.
- If adding cheese heat oven to 400F. Spread cheese on top place in oven until melted.
- Sprinkle parsley over top